- All Things Applesauce
- Main Dishes
- Misc. (desserts, breads, breakfasts, etc.)
- Salads, Soups, and Sides
Please refrigerate all apples, preferably in a plastic bag for best storage and quality.
- Apples which are not refrigerated will lose their flavor and crunchiness quickly. While many think that a fruit bowl is a fine place for apples to be (and indeed, they are pretty that way), they will not stay as delicious and crisp as you'd like them to for very long.
- If you prefer to eat apples at room temperature, only take out what you plan to use within a day or two for best eating quality.
- Some varieties of apples (noteably Sansa, Shizuka, Stellar, and Gold Rush) hardly turn brown at all when they are cut, so these varieties are great for fruit plates and salads.
- Early season varieties (before October 1st) will keep for a couple of weeks in the fridge. Late season varieties (after October 1st) will keep from one to three months in the fridge.
Learn about the hundreds of apple varieties we grow here.