Sponsoring a tree can be a great gift for yourself or your friends and family. A tree also makes a lovely memorial for a friend or loved one, or as a welcoming gift for a new baby. We invite you to help us nurture orchard youngsters as they begin their journey toward adulthood. As the trees grow and bear fruit, you'll know you helped to flavor the future.
We're focusing on apple trees for sponsorship. In 2017, we'll have a bunch of new babies ready for sponsoring. See list down below for the names of varieties we'll be planting this year, so you can pick one.
Sponsors will receive:
1. A hand-written note card thanking you for being a sponsor, or announcing the gift(s) of a sponsored tree.
2. A digital picture of the sponsored tree, which will be tagged with an embossed copper tag.
3. A totebag, hat, or tshirt (your choice!).
4. Email updates about the orchard and trees. We'll let you know what's going on during the different seasons of the year and will be sure to invite you to farm events so you can visit your tree in person.
5. Invitation to our annual "Sponsored Tree Celebration" event in summer or fall, when you can come with family and friends, tour to visit the trees in celebration of those they've been sponsored for. Refreshments will be provided.
Select your sponsorship:
Sponsor a Single Tree for $75 each.
Sponsor a Tree Bundle: 5 trees of your choice for $350
Sponsor a Partial Row: 10 trees of your choice for $700 (great for gift-giving!)
If any portion of your order is a gift, you'll let us know during the ordering process. As soon as you place your order, we'll email you requesting your recipient's contact information, so we can be sure they get all that a sponsor should!
Varieties being planted in the spring of 2017 include:
Alkmene, American Beauty, Berne Rose, Black Twig, Blue Pearmain, Brushy Mountain Limbertwig, Canadian Strawberry, Caney Fork Limbertwig, Cockle (aka Nutmeg Pippin), Crimson Gold, Early Thompson, Fiesta, Golden Nugget, Golden Pearmain, Green River, Guyandotte Pippin, Haurer Pippin, Jonalicious, Kerry Pippin, King of Pippins, Lacy, Lamb Abbey Pearmain, Leslie, Ontario, Prarie Spy, Pixie Crunch, Releika, Scarlet Crofton, Stump, Summer Pearmain, Von Zuccalmaglios Reinette, Yosemite
Learn more about these varieties and see pictures of them on our apples page.