- Enjoy a “Tasting Hike” around the orchard with your guide and apple guru, Farmer Ike. You’ll sample, learn about, and take notes on unique and rare apple varieties, mostly focusing on heritage and brand-new NSO-developed varieties you can find nowhere else in the world!
- Tastings are appropriate for all ages, although small children tend to get bored
- The orchard is relatively flat, but grass can be tall, which may prove challenging or impossible for certain mobility-challenged individuals.
- Each ticketed event will accommodate a maximum of 15 total guests and lasts about 90 minutes, allowing plenty of time to walk, taste, chat, and ask questions.
- Tastings are $15 per person.
- All reservations require full payment via credit card or PayPal at the time of booking the reservation online.
2023 Event Dates:
Saturday, September 23rd, 10AM & 1PM
Sunday, October 8th, 10AM & 1PM
Meet at the Farm Store at NSO:
3232 Limestone Rd. Cochranville, PA 19330
Call 484-502-7360 if you need help finding us
Parking, walkways, buildings, and restrooms are all ADA compliant.
The farm itself is not ADA compliant, so mobility-challenged individuals may not be able to participate. If you are not sure, please contact us.
Water, pretzels, and restrooms are provided (please bring your own snack if you have dietary restrictions)
What to Bring:
- A picnic lunch if you desire, and make a day or it
- Service animals welcome. Please leave other pets at home
- Have additional guests to bring at the last minute? Please check with us first so we can make sure there is room!
Tasting hikes will be held no matter the temperature. A chance of rain or drizzle may not necessitate a cancellation. We will cancel if the predicted weather indicates conditions which are not conducive for a tasting hike, in which case we will be in contact with you in advance via email.
As this activity is outdoors; please dress for comfort. Grass may be wet and uneven, so you’ll want to avoid wearing your best shoes.
We will cancel due to weather only if we feel the conditions would make things not conducive to a good experience, in which case we will let you know in advance. We reserve the right to cancel a tasting if we have less than 4 people signed up for a given time slot. We’ll let you know several days in advance if this is the case and may be able to work with you to put you in another seating…or we’ll provide you a refund.
If your plans change, you may cancel your reservation up to 7 days prior to the date booked and receive a full refund. Any cancellations that occur less than 7 days prior to your reserved date will be refunded at 50%. Cancellations you wish to make less than 48 hours prior to your reserved date are not refundable.
If your plans change and you simply need to modify your reservation date, time, or number of attendees, please contact us as soon as possible to try to make other arrangements.
NSO is a working farm, and while we strive to provide as safe an environment as possible, we require your help in staying safe during your visit. Please:
- Adhere to all instructions and/or warnings the farm staff and/or farm signage provide.
- Review above suggestions on this webpage about what to wear and bring so you remain comfortable and safe.
The North Star Orchard farm staff reserve the right to cancel/stop your activity in progress if the above guidelines on this webpage are not adhered to. Our concern is for the safety and enjoyment of you and your group, our staff, and the farm itself. Refunds will not be issued if we need to stop your activity in this manner.