Recipes on this page:
Recipes from around the web:
Tofu Cauliflower Korma Crispy Cauliflower Pizza Crust Roast Cauliflower with Tahini and Skhug All About Broccoli and Cauliflower Cauliflower Sage and Quinoa Fritters Sauteed Cauliflower with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Creamy Crisp Topped Cauliflower Alfredo
Roasted Cauliflower (return to top)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 large head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
Combine garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a casserole dish. Add cauliflower, and toss to coat well.
Bake 25 minutes at 425 degrees, stirring halfway through.
Sprinkle top with Parmesan and parsley, and broil 3-5 minutes, until golden brown.
Cauliflower with Browned Butter (return to top)
Makes 6 servings
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 c butter
- 2 Tbsp fresh minced parsley
Steam cauliflower until just tender, about 6 minutes. Drain and keep hot.
Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Cook and swirl butter until it foams and then turns a pale brown. (Don’t let butter burn! If it does, start over.)
Pour hot butter over cauliflower and sprinkle with parsley. Serve at once.
Roasted Parsnip and Cauliflower Soup with Curry and Ginger (return to top)
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 1 lb), trimmed and separated into flowerets
- 2 large parsnips, thickly sliced
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 6 c. vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/3 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 T. minced fresh ginger
- ½ t. curry powder
- ½ t. ground cumin
- ½ c. plain yogurt
- Optional garnishes: cooked crumbled bacon, parsley
Heat oven to 425. Place cauliflower and parsnips in a roasting pan. Pour 1 T. of the oil over the veggies, and toss to coat. Bake for 30 minutes or until veggies are tender.
Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook until tender.
Add broth, cilantro, ginger, curry, cumin, and veggie mixture.
Heat to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
Cover and cook for 15 minutes, until hot.
Stir in yogurt.
Process in batches in blender or food processor until smooth.
Return all to the saucepan and heat for 5 minutes or so, until hot.
Veggie Pasta Salad (return to top)
Makes 8 servings
- 10 oz. rotini
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 bunches green onions,chopped
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 8 oz. bottled vinaigrette salad dressing
Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente; drain and rinse in cool water. Drain well.
Cut broccoli and cauliflower into florets.
Mix pasta, broccoli, cauliflower and green onions together with 2/3 of dressing. Marinate at least 4 hours.
Just before serving, add mushrooms, tomatoes and remaining dressing. Toss.